Why Do We Call it Matter? – by Deepak Chopra



From Human to #Metahuman – 🙏 Get the book @ http://bit.ly/METAHUMAN 🙏
Subscribe to our channel The Chopra Well to be updated on latest episodes. It’s free: http://bit.ly/T2fz5K

The Future of God (A Conversation between Deepak Chopra, M.D. and Kyra Phillips, CNN)

Deepak Chopra discusses the properties of dark matter. Even though it is invisible, it still bends spacetime and so behaves like conventional matter. This leaves only 5% of the universe that is built of atoms. Of that 99.99% is invisible interstellar dust.
Why do we call it matter if it’s invisible? I usually think of matter as something like this chair, body, stars, galaxy, or furniture, whatever. The reason it’s called matter is it bends space-time in the same way as regular matter. So, it’s the majority of the gravity in the galaxy. So you can think of it as the scaffolding of the galaxy. So our galaxy, The Milky Way Galaxy, which has 100 billion, stars! 100 billion stars! And now they say possibly 30 billion habitable planets; but they’re held together by gravity. If there was no gravity, the earth wouldn’t go around the sun. You know you wouldn’t have galaxies revolving. You wouldn’t have anything. Your body would fall apart, okay? This dark matter behaves like regular matter but it’s invisible. What is it? Nobody knows. I mean scientists are looking for some particle that’s called a W.I.M.P., which stands for weakly interactive massive particles. They have no idea what it is. So now we’ve got 95 percent of the universe which is missing. It’s invisible. That leaves about 5 percent of the universe, which is atomic. Of that 99.9999 percent is invisible interstellar dust. Which means this dust has not yet coalesced to form stars; and the theory is that all the stars have been formed; no new stars are born right now. And so, 99 percent or more is this invisible interstellar dust. Most of it is hydrogen and helium that came from the Big Bang. So what’s left? .01 percent of a visible universe, which is atomic. That visible universe is the Milky Way Galaxy, which has 100 billion stars. Next door Andromeda, next door Virgo, on and on. Hundreds of thousands… as Carl Sagan would say “billions and millions and millions and billions of these star systems”

Kyra: (laughs)

Deepak: And now possibly trillions of planets, that’s .01 percent of the universe. But if you look at that .01 percent: its carbon, hydrogen, oxygen, and nitrogen. Which is manufactured incidentally in stars and it’s also what makes up your body.

source

About the Author: 4ster

You might like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *