Sign up for the Sexy Mama Salon:
This is my 8-week online salon on all things holistic pregnancy and ecstatic childbirth.
Subscribe to my podcast:
In today’s podcast episode we’re talking about wild, natural birth.The wildest.
So wild, in fact, that we’ll be hearing women giving birth in the Black Sea in Russia, with dolphins for birth attendants.
In this realm, we are respecting and listening to the innate wisdom of the female body, and the eons of genetic coding that have designed birth to be the most blissful and orgasmic experience of a woman’s life.
I’m chatting with Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova, who is speaker, filmmaker, author and pioneer in the natural birth movement. She lived in birth camps in the 1970s, witnessing scores of women having blissful birth experiences in the wild.With dolphin midwives.
She is also the creator of the incredible documentary film which I highly recommend, called Birth As We Know It.
In this episode, we discuss:
– Why birth is meant to be the biggest high of a woman’s life
– The story of how she came to be living on the Black Sea and interacting with dolphins during births
– Why clearing birth trauma is some of the most important work we can do in the world today
– How to avoid complications by committing to block clearing in pregnancy and before conception
– The essential role of the father—who is traditionally sidelined in a typical hospital birth setting—and what to do to ensure that couples become closer than ever through their birth experience, rather than this be the time when they grow apart—which is what happens to most couples